Sunday 20 February 2011

The Death of a Hero

First of all, I should say that no one has actually died! I know, weird title, but all will become clear very very soon.

Sunday 20th February 2011, remember that date, because today a hero of the online blog community has hung up his keyboard and officially placed his blog into stasis. This man's name is legend across the bloggersphere, talented, devoted and friendly he has almost single handedly created one of the largest blog networks running today. I speak of course of Ron Saikowski, founder of From The Warp.



His final post explained why he feels it is time for him to stop and having read it, you can't help but have the up most respect for the guy. I think as members of the network we often overlooked the mass of behind the scenes work Ron has always done to keep us going, plus his own posts! To read it for yourself, click the link below.

Ron's Farewell Speech

I just wanted to take a moment to thank Ron for all his work, certainly this blog wouldn't be here without his support. I feel the bloggersphere has lost one of its best authors today and he will be sadly missed.

I was however glad to see that Ron will be leaving the site up for everyone use. All the downloads will still be available, and all the articles will stay up. Even without Ron at the helm, I am sure FTW is going to remain a massive network and unsurpassed numbers of users.

If you are new to blogging and haven't seen Ron's work, go to FTW now and look through some of the stuff he has done over the years, it is truly the work of a master.

I just want to wish Ron all the best and thank him for all his hard work over the years, good work dude!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, but you didn't have t post this.
    The amount of support you all have given me and FTW overall has been amazing over the past few years. That's more than enough.

    I hope people can still use the site and pull from it what helps them most when they need it. I'm still here, just not out front anymore. I'm going to be more of a spectator now.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron: The amount of work you've put in deserves some notice, I don't know anyone who has done more for the 40k blog scene to date.

    Rob: I may have missed the meaning of your comment, but then it is very late.

    ReplyDelete